FSC® helps take care of forests and the people and wildlife who call them home and is recognised by WWF as the “hallmark of responsible forest management”.
Why use FSC certified wood?
- Carbon benefits – Trees absorb CO₂ as they grow
Every cubic meter of wood used as substitute for other materials displaces an average of 1.1 tons CO₂. If this is added to the 0.9 tons of CO₂ stored, then each cubic meter of wood can save a total of 2 tons of CO₂.
- Energy – Trees need little more than sunlight and rainfall to grow
Wood has the lowest embodied energy of any mainstream building material. Producing steel, for example, requires 24 times the energy needed to produce wood.
- Performance – Wood has the best thermal insulation properties of any mainstream construction material
Five times better than concrete, ten times better than brick and 350 times better than steel, wood is an excellent material for thermal insulation.
- A renewable resource – Wood and paper are renewable, reusable and recyclable
If wood is sourced from FSC certified forests, buyers and sellers can rest assured that their wood products are not only renewable, but that they come from forests that are managed responsibly. Wood is also a reusable resource and its recycling needs less energy in comparison to other materials such as steel or aluminium.
- Beauty and utility – Wood is attractive, practical and long-lasting
Wood is a versatile and durable material. Research has shown that in buildings and interiors it is perceived as warm, relaxing and welcoming.
All our products are FSC® certified